Case Study Overview:
- Organizational Overview – About Leading airlines company
- Challenges Faced By leading airlines company
- Services Provided
- WeP’s Objective – Task At Hand & Our Solution
- Closing Points/Conclusion
Leading airlines company India Limited is an Indian international airline currently based in Delhi NCR with a training & developmental centre in Mumbai. It was one of the largest airlines in India with a 21.2% passenger market share in February 2016.
It operated over 300 flights daily to 74 destinations worldwide from its erstwhile main hub at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport & secondary hubs at Chennai International Airport, Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi (new primary hub), Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru & Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata.
- Industry: Aviation
- Founded: 1992
- HQ: Delhi
Challenges Faced By leading airlines company:
Leading airlines company happened to be a very widespread organization with various departments that tend to work together. Although the departments that reached out to us were 3 of them that have been listed below:
- Planning Department: Aircraft Documents
- Cabin Crew Department: Crew Documents
- Exim Department: Import & Export Invoice Documents
All three departments were generating more than 3 lac hardcopy pages per month. Newly generated physical copies were not easily accessible when needed. Managing & locating documents when required was a challenge.
The company did not have a server-based solution to access these files whenever needed on the cloud either thus making it even tedious.
- WeP Digitization Services
- WeP Scanning Services
WeP’S Objective – Task At Hand & Our Solution
- With the challenges portrayed by the organization, the ultimate objective at hand was to create & offer a cloud-based server solution.
- The first stage was to collect the hard copy files (physical copies) & scan them in their premises itself.
- Employees were placed from the WeP end for the collecting & scanning process to support. Dedicated & designated employees were then placed in company premises to scan the above physical files.
- Post the scanning done by the designated employees in the premises, the raw scanned files are then shared which are then processed & uploaded into the cloud server.
- Role-based access was also provided on the DMS solution as they wanted to maintain privacy & keep a check on the accessibility of documents to specified departments & users only.
- This thus enabled complete digitization of their document flow.
- PDF/A FILE UPLOAD: PDF/A files were being uploaded into ALFRESCO (Cabin Crew Dept & Exim Dept) based server.
- BILLING: Billing also happened on a monthly basis & billing is based on the no of pages scanned and uploaded every month.
- CREATED USERS: We have created the number of users as requested by leading airlines company for accessing the server pan India.
- WAY FORWARD: All the backlog files that were pending for scanning & digitization were completed within a short span of time thus enabling them to pick up the pace.
- WeP set up the entire process to digitize the organization’s document flow.
- By deploying the designated onsite team for their scanning process, we helped comply with the required security & integrity of the organization.
- By creating the document flow, overall process efficiency was improved.
- All maintenance records were maintained & were made available for accessibility when needed & this benefited the lease-related detailing of aircraft for the organization.
- Strong governance framework with role-based data access & audit trails.
- WeP’s Scanning & Digitization Services was decided as their best choice of Document Management Support provider.